Microsoft has just unveiled Windows 11, and it kickstarts an entirely new era in Windows desktop operating systems. Windows 11 will be a hit with users who want a simple and clean user interface. If you’re curious about whether your Windows 10 computer can run Windows 11, check out our guide below. Microsoft launched a PC Health Check app to help you determine if your PC is compatible with the forthcoming Windows 11 update.
Verify if your Windows 10 PC can run Windows 11
Windows 11 will be free for Windows 10 users, as we reported previously. However, there are some system requirements you should check. We are not certain if Windows 7 users will receive the Windows 11 update. However, you can follow the tutorial below to determine if your computer is eligible.
- Download the PC Health Check app for Windows (Free).
- Install the PC Health Check app now and launch it.
3. You will see a banner that says “Introducing Windows 11” at the top. To check if your computer is compatible with Windows 11, click on “Check Now.”
4. The PC Health Check app will tell you in a matter of seconds if your PC is compatible with Windows 11.
5. Don’t be alarmed if the app says, “The computer cannot run Windows 11”. Even if the module exists on the motherboard, most PCs will disable the TPM. Check the BIOS/UEFI for any mentions of TPM/fTPM. Next, please enable it. Enable “Secure Boot.” Run the app to verify that it can run Windows 11 on your computer.
6. Microsoft will provide the Windows 11 update for PCs that meet the requirements for the Windows Insider Program, even if they don’t meet the minimum system requirements. In a blog post, Microsoft states that users who are part of the Dev or Beta channels will receive the Windows 11 upgrade. However, they will not receive Windows 11 as a stable version.
Windows Insiders who have installed Windows 10 Dev Channel builds to their computers until June 24, 2021, will be permitted to continue installing Windows 11 Insider Preview build even if the system requirements are not met. There is a catch. It would be best if you were careful when installing Dev Channel builds.
Also read: How To Hack SMM Panel?
Microsoft also states that if your computer, which you use to test Insider builds on, experiences a problem or error, and you have to reinstall Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool, there is bad news. Microsoft will consider your reinstall to be a new Windows PC and will adhere to the minimum requirements. You will not be able to get Windows 11 on your computer again, not even the Insider preview builds.
Windows 11 Minimum System Requirements
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz), or faster with two cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip.
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB storage or more
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Version 2.0 of TPM Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
Check if your computer can run Windows 11
That is how to quickly determine if your computer is eligible for Windows 11 updates. Windows 11 requires a 64-bit processor and a minimum of 4GB RAM. We will continue to find ways to run Windows 11 even on non-supported Windows machines. Is your computer eligible for the Windows 11 update? Please let us know by commenting below.
Thanks for visiting here.
Note: To Access Unlimited Disposable Temporary Emails, Click here.