MacOS Monterey offers a wide range of features that will enhance user experience and increase security. It is worth upgrading. Apple released macOS Monterey public beta almost a month ago to allow tech enthusiasts and geeks to try the beta software. Follow this guide to install macOS Monterey public Beta on your Mac if you’re eager to try out new features in macOS.
Download and install macOS Monterey Public Beta (2021).
Beta software is not without its problems and bugs. Be prepared for unexpected problems like sudden battery drain, random rebooting, and apps crashing. We recommend that you test the beta version of macOS Monterey on a second device. It allows you to test all new features and keeps your workflow intact. Let’s get started.
How to make a backup of your Mac
Make sure you have a backup of your Mac before you move on. Time Machine can help you to protect all your data if you don’t have it already. Backup data is extremely useful in case of an error during installation or if you wish to go back to macOS Big Sur. Make sure your Mac is compatible with macOS 12.
- Connect an external storage device to your Mac to back up your data.
- Open Time Machine preferences in the menu bar. Or, select the Apple menu > System Preferences > Time Machine. Follow the steps to backup your macOS device by clicking on “Select Backup Disk.”
How to register for macOS Monterey Public Beta
It is worth noting that you can still join the Apple Beta Software Program if you already have an account. If you have tried macOS public beta before, then skip to the section on “how to download macOS Monterey publicly beta access utility.”
- Open Safari on your Mac and head over to beta.apple.com.
2. Now, click on Sign up if you haven’t signed for the beta program in the past.
- To sign up for Apple’s public beta test program, you will need to enter your Apple ID password.
How to Enroll your Mac and download the macOS Monterey Public Beta Access Utility
After creating an account, you will be able to enroll your Mac in macOS public beta testing. Follow these steps:
1. Start Safari on your Mac, and then go to beta.apple.com. Next, log in with your Apple ID password.
2. Click on the “macOS tab” in the “Guide for Public Betas.”
3. Click on “Enroll Your Mac” in the “Get Started” section.
4. Next, click the “Download macOS public beta access utility” button.
How to install macOS 12 Monterey Public Beta
1. To run the installer, open the file in Finder’s Downloads window.
Finder and then double-click on the macOSPublicBetaAccessUtiliuty.dmg package to run the installer.
2. Click on Continue at the bottom. Next, you’ll be asked to create a backup. Follow the prompts if you haven’t already backed up your Mac. Skip the prompts if you’ve already done it.
3. Next, accept the software license agreement. To continue, click “Continue.”
4. To confirm, click Agree next.
5. Click on Install.
6. Now, you will be asked for your administrator password. After that, click “Install Software” on the popup window.
7. After the installation is completed, you can “Close” the macOS Monterey public Beta utility.
8. Next, you’ll take you to the Software Update Settings. Here, a popup will ask you if you are sure that you want macOS Monterey beta12.0. Click the “Download” button.
9. Click on “Update Now,” and you can start installing macOS Monterey public Beta on your Mac.
10 Let your Mac device download macOS 12 Monterey. It will take a while, so be patient.
After the update has been installed, your Mac will now be running the macOS Monterey beta version. Follow the instructions to set up your Mac. You can then explore the many new features such as Live Text, Shortcuts, and Safari Tab Groups. This beta release does not include the much-anticipated Universal Control feature. It allows you to seamlessly use your Mac’s keyboard and mouse with an iPad.
Get the macOS Monterey Public Beta to Explore New Features.
That’s all! Once you’ve installed macOS 12 Monterey beta on your Mac, you can now explore the new features of the pre-release software. Beta software is often plagued by bugs and other issues, as I mentioned above. Be prepared to face unexpected problems. Would you please let me know if you find anything interesting or worthwhile to share in the comments below?
Thanks for visiting here.
Note: To Access Unlimited Disposable Temporary Emails, Click here.